Information We Collect from You
When you register, contact us by e-mail or make a donation through the Site, we may collect personal information about you including but not limited to: contact information, such as your name, home or other physical address, email, telephone number; payment information; credit card information; and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically
Camp Sunshine and its third party providers may passively track information about your computer, Internet connection and how you interact with the Site, which may include pages you view, links you click or hover over, selections you make on the Sites, your web browser’s HTTP referrer header, features you use, preferences you set, your web browser type and version, the operating system type and version of the device you are using to access the Site, the Internet protocol (IP) address of the device you are using to access the Site (or any portion thereof), the date and time you access the Site, the Internet address of websites from which you link to our Site, general physical location, and Internet service provider.
Some of the areas of the Site may also contain electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes known as clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs) that allow Camp Sunshine, and its third party providers or affiliates, to count and track users who have visited certain portions of the Site and other similar traffic history. Web beacons collect only limited information, including a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the Web beacon resides.
How We Use Collected Information
- Process your donation
- Communicate with you regarding your event registration
- Respond to your inquiries, requests, or applications
- Improve the content on our Site
- Send you information you request from us and promotional materials about projects and events
- Market information to you
- Create an aggregated data set; and
- Prevent fraudulent activity.
How We Share the Collected Information
We may share Collected Information about you:
- As is necessary to allow our trusted service providers or agents to provide services for us;
- As is required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process;
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or property, protect your health and safety or the health and safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government request;
- In connection with a sale of all or substantially all of the assets of Camp Sunshine or the merger of Camp Sunshine into another entity or any consolidation, share exchange, combination, reorganization, or like transaction in which Camp Sunshine is not the survivor;
- As you otherwise request or authorize; and
- As is otherwise permitted by law.
How We Protect Collected Information
Social Media Platforms and Websites
Special Statement for Job Applicants
Any Personal Information that you provide to us when applying for a career position with us will be used solely to consider and act upon your application. We may retain your Personal Information for a period of time, but only for as long as necessary for such purposes or as otherwise required by law. We may disclose your Personal Information to our agents for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for the particular position you applied for, for other available positions or as otherwise required by law. We may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties hired by us to collect, maintain, and analyze candidates for career positions or as otherwise required by law.
Visiting our Website from Outside of the United States
“Do Not Track” Disclosures
The Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We will not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you must ask your parent or guardian to assist you in using the Site.
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive information from us or would like to update or change your personal information or preferences, please follow the instructions below. However, we may send you service-related announcements, announcements about changes in policies, and transactional email such as confirmations and receipts, from time to time through the general operation of the Site or by email. If you do not want to receive any marketing emails from us in the future, click the “unsubscribe” reference in any email we send you.
If you wish to review the contact information we have on file for you, correct your contact information, provide a change of address, or if you have any questions, comments or suggestions about the Site, our Services, or Camp Sunshine, please contact us here, by phone at (404-325-7979), or by mail at: Camp Sunshine, Inc., 1850 Clairmont Road, Decatur, Georgia 30033.
If you correspond with us through the Site or via email, the information collected may include the content of, and metadata regarding, any correspondence you may have with us. We may share your messages with those within our organization who are most capable of addressing the issues contained in your message.